‘Come & Try’ Orienteering – Bradda Headland & Glen
Launch of New Permanent Orienteering Courses & Map of Bradda Headland & Glen.
Saturday Orienteering (18th February 2023).
Family friendly activity suitable for all ages.
- Try one of the New Permanent Orienteering Courses.
- Courses of different distances & number of markers.
- Activity suitable for Families, Individuals & Groups.
- Option to have your course timed.
- Your choice to Walk, Jog or Run.
- Wear suitable clothing and footwear for weather conditions & time of year.
- Children must be under the supervision of an adult.
- Compass is optional, to assist with navigation.
Registration time: 11:50am – 12:30pm.
Individual START times from 12:00pm – 12:40pm.
Participants must return to the finish by 2:30pm at the latest.
Orienteering Maps supplied – £3 per adult, £1 per youth, (max £6 family group). Cash only payment.
Registration, Start & Finish Area – New picnic area beside Bradda Glen car parking area (registration signposted from car park).
Navigate to each permanent orienteering marker shown on your map, in the order written on the description sheet, whilst choosing the best route to get to each permanent marker post. Then record the unique code found on the marker on your scorecard or answer sheet. Check your answers on return to the finish.