‘7 Kingdoms’ Isle of Man Orienteering Event – Ballaugh Forest & Slieau Curn Area
‘7 Kingdoms’ Isle of Man Orienteering Event – Ballaugh Forest & Slieau Curn Area.
(Including IOM Orienteering Championship Course)
Saturday Orienteering (9th September 2023).
Family friendly activity suitable for all ages.
- 3 Courses of different distances & number of markers: (Long – Championship / Middle – Intermediate / Short – Novice)
- Activity suitable for Families, Individuals & Groups.
- Your choice to Walk, Jog or Run.
- Wear suitable clothing and footwear for weather conditions & time of year.
- Children must be under the supervision of an adult.
- Compass is optional, to assist with navigation.
Registration time: 9:00am – 9:50am.
Individual START times from 9:30am – 10:30am.
Participants must return to the finish by 1:00pm at the latest even if they do not complete their course.
Orienteering Maps supplied – £3 per adult, £1 per youth, (max £6 family group). Cash only payment.
Various Categories – SOLO: male / female / youth. GROUP: adult / family / youth.
Registration, Start & Finish Area – Beside the main Ballaugh forest car parking area (registration signposted from car parking locations).
Navigate in order to each orange & white control flag marked on your map, as written on the description sheet, whilst choosing the best route to get to each control flag. Pin-punch your scorecard to prove that you have visited each control flag on your course.
Note: Participants undertaking the Long – Championship course who expect to take over 120 mins should select an early start time.